Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two weeks today!!!

Two weeks today I'll be in Haiti, holding tight to Wadley and loving on Peter. I can hardly stand the wait!!! I've been learning French and Creole and learning all about digital photography so I can actually get some decent, in focus, meaningful shots this time round. I love my point and shoot but had I known that it was going to be the last memories we were to have of Jesley I'd have paid better attention to the quality of each shot... and probably not have slept all week so I could have watched him every last second... sometimes it's a good thing we don't know the future and just live here, in the moment.

I have been surfing everyones facebook accounts looking for Creche pictures. Seeking that familiar face and the chubby, kissable new one. I'm looking forward to getting to know children who have become special to my heart since I returned because their Mothers have become "online" friends. Fellow adoptive moms who pray for each other and hold each others children close when we go.

Meanwhile on the home front, Miss C emptied the kitchen trash all by herself tonight and is currently helping big brother B dry all the dishes. Big brother B is being kind and considerate and letting her dry all the plastic ones!

My Sisiter in law and cousin in law and my amazing nephew and nieces arrive on Friday.. something else to look forward to!

AND.. despite a short set back mid year.. it looks like we are going to finish school on time! I was pushing for June but as we move in May I'm thinking end of April? I might be over estimating our desire to put away the books, but everyone is pulling out the stops and plowing through the remaining chapters.

The sun is out and friends come to visit in the afternoons so we can swing, watch our children play and catch up on friendly chatter.

Life is good and we are living each day in the moment, looking to the future, learning from the past, enjoying the now.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment