Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Satan is no respecter of grief."

Why is it that we think that once something painful happens that we will have a break from anything else happening? A friend reminded me today that "Satan does not respect your grief" which would be why bad things happen to people... in more than threes.

2 Corrinthinas 12 vs 9 sums up my focus for today..
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Some versions say "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

The web would crash if I took up all the space "boasting about my weaknesses" they are SO MANY! Chocolate being one of the chief offenders ( I know I heard an amen out there somewhere when you read that!) but I can honestly say that I have never felt weaker than I have the past week.. yet I have never felt closer to God and stronger. Again I think how I'd never wish this feeling upon another human being, yet at the same time I am glad for this time to get to know my God better.

So while Satan may be no respecter of grief, my God IS. He is big enough, loving enough, wise enough to know what I need and to provide it at the time I need it.. and He is wise enough to know when waiting for healing means kowing Him more fully and so healing more totally. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment