Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Quote to live by....

Dr Bernard (our orphanage director) has blessed us in many ways! His gentle admonition after Jesley died still sticks in my heart and mind. We were asking about funerals in Haiti..how were we going to bury our little boy? Gently and strongly he replied to my husband "Steve, Jesley is in heaven with Jesus, his body is in the morgue", we got it.. to focus on the human shell was to miss the truth of eternal joy.. it was hard but brought us peace..there was nothing we could do.



On the New LIfe Link Website there are three sentances I have to go back to read and re-read..







It is important with the prospective adoptive parents who adopt directly from NLL. Know that we are doing our very best for your child to be with you as soon as possible. The sooner is better for all parties involved. With the grace of God, we believe that we are doing a good job so far. However, we can improve our service to you if you help us, by limiting your e-mails, and phone calls to us and by controlling your anxiety during the waiting period.



Be still... know that we are doing the best we can... stop clogging up our time with requests for information we can't give you. It is SO HARD to apply this when your brain is spinning with
when's and what if's but it is great advice. Dr Bernard said "God does not always work as fast as we would like.. but He is never late." Another quote to live by!



Mothers,remember that for our relationship with you to stand the test of times, we need to build it on a solid foundation. We need to trust the Lord and trust each other. If you truly believe that the Lord Jesus leads you to adopt from NLL, you will need to prove it by trusting us as God's instrument in the adoption process of your child. We will never knowingly deceive you or neglect your dossier. In the Name of Christ our Lord, and with His grace through the power of the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to do our very best for all of our children and their adoptive families. You are important to us.



When I first read this I vowed to be the model patient mother.. I have failed! Why is it that I think that the mere knowing of the progress of my adoption will make it go any faster? I have to remember that everything has a time and a season and you can't rush one or t'other. As I told a friend the other day "remind me that it is a Trinity not a Quadrity and even if there was a vacancy I would never qualify to fill it!"



And I know without a doubt how keen everyone is to have the children home in loving arms and starting their journey to health, healing and hope.


Three weeks today I will be in Haiti!! I'm trying to cultivate a peaceful calm spirit while I count down the seconds! I can hardly wait to have Wadley in my arms, to feel his heart beat against my chest, to check him over and see for myself he is well and strong! I'm looking forward to meeting Peter and getting to know him and fall in love with him too. I am grieving my Jesley and can't but help but cry thinking that he is not there waiting for us.. while I am peace that he is THERE waiting for us.



I'm taking this day to re-commit my children to their creator, to proclaim my trust in the processes in Haiti and especially in Dr Bernard and his staff. I'm taking a moment to truly, really, give it all up and leave it at the foot of the cross.. again...






No comments:

Post a Comment