Monday, March 28, 2011

BBBBBb... science

This has happened before. It will happen again. It feels like this apect of parenting will never, ever end!!
You know what I'm talking about... yes.that's right... Teaching Phonics to four year olds! every time I get to this stage of parenting I am tempted..just slightly.. to give it the.. "She'll read when she is ready" approach. Or maybe follow the "you don't have to teach a child you have to learn from the child" approach. I wonder if it is too late to switch to a hands off education approach.. until say.. 21?...Years!

Not likely! Miss C arrives bright and early this afternoon to let me know it is time for her to learn her letters. We go through the ones she knows and get to B (we weren't in alphabetical order).

C "BbBbBb hmmm what this letter start with?"
Me "You mean what starts with tis letter?"
C "Yes..what this letter start with?"
Me " Well, what is Emma reading?"
C" OHHHHHH... BbBbBb science!"


As Tim Hawkins likes to say.. the woman in the corner talking to herself is my homeschool mama having a parent teacher conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment