Saturday, March 26, 2011

Decluttering Muses...

I'm doing well so far. Have only lost it once when a family member decided to go through all the discarded books and started pulling things back out! I am constantly reminded of how many things we have and so.. this blog is my own personal challenge to track how much I can give/throw or consign away between now and the time we go to Haiti.

The great news is that when we come back from Haiti non of our "somethings" will matter anymore... only are "someones":. For that reason alone I am glad we are taking the whole family.

SO:
1) I am decluttering "stuff"
2) I am decluttering my time
3) I am decluttering my weight
4) I am decluttering my head

I'll be posting my progress as comments below.. if any one wants to jump on in with one, two or all of the categories I'd love to have you walk with me. .. deadline for end of project: April 8th

4 comments:

  1. I have been in decluttering stuff mode for a couple weeks now although we're not moving-- I am just trying to figure out how we are going to double the number of persons living in our "full" little house. I have found I hold on to many things that I don't even like sometimes out of some sense of duty or tradition or something. My boys are already teaching me to let go and they're not even home yet! I have been selling things though-- Craigslist and our school district has a "For Sale" site-- or else piling up for a garage sale soon. I made a little over a hundred dollars this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Linds that is GREAT!
    So far I have 7 bags of books in the back of my van.. think I'll see if the local homeschool co-op would like them.
    Steve is on the way to the dump with a van load of "stuff"....

    Total 9 ..33 to go.
    I like to give myself challenges.. so today is "Age Day" I'm going to give, throw or consign my age in items..ether bags of stuff or large items

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK.. Saturday drawing to a close and I have decluttered 8 bags books, 2 bags rubbish (trash), 1 couch, 1 rollaway rusty bed, 1 drop sided crib (not to homestudy code!) ..that's umm..
    13 items??? only 29 to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saturday is offically over...
    Added to the previous 13 items I have also shredded 4 buckets of papers I have scanned.
    17
    3 bags of trash
    20
    and one last bag of trash.. brings me to 21..my real age if indeed I am only giving this my 50%

    ReplyDelete