Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting ready to give 50%

We are moving and usually I encourage our whole family to "consider the ant" and give 100%. well that's not going to work this time. This time we have to give about 50%..away! We are going to be downsizing into a significantly smaller house than we have been in for the past 5 years. SO....

Proverbs 6 vs 6 says: Go the ant, you sluggard, conider her ways and be wise.

It goes on to tell how she gathers her food in the winter and stores her harvest.. well I've been doing a good job gathering but if I don't reverse the process we won't be fitting in our "anthill" this winter!


Today I went through our books and will have plenty to consign or give away. Books I have read but won't read again, books I have intended to read but know I'm not going to get round to, books I should read.. well maybe I'll keep a few of those. With about three weeks in the house before the movers arrive I had a crazy idea of trying to read all the books I should have read or could have read! That way I could downsize them guilt free... so I have a stack of about 50 books... I have an inkling I might be over estimating my abilities here!

Proverbs 8 vs 12 tells me that "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. " or inother words wisdom lives with good judgement and can easily work out when there is a daft idea around!

Each child will be giving up 50% of their room so they can buddy up. With being allowed to live in TWO base houses here we all got a little spoilt. So now Jacob and Benjamin will be back together and the two older girls, the two younger girls and once we bring the boys home they will stay with us in our room for about 6 months while they settle down. While we are hardly going to be cramped we are going to need to be inventive!



Our school room/living room/dinning room will be a little more crowded too, but I'm actually looking forward to having the children all around me again. Here they can spread out, I have enjoyed the peace but missed the constant contact!

There are definite blessings to be being a large family in a large house BUT I think there can be as many gifts of relationship found in sharing and being more accountable to each other for the way we use our space.

And with that being said I'm off to move bookshelves into living areas and give my 50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment