Thursday, November 3, 2011

More rambles...

I am often told "I cold never adopt"..or "I could never foster".. or "You are amazing!"

None of these statements are really fully truth..well except that last one.. I AM amazing.. LOL.. JUST KIDDING!!

If a child turned up on your door step with a sign attached.. please adopt me of I'll die.. you would suddenly find your ability to reach out and welcome, love and parent one more child.. right?


If child services came to your house and said "we have to place this child with you, you are the last person on the plant we trust, if you don't do this we have to leave this child in her abusive home.." all of a sudden you would believe that MAYBE you had it in you to reach out and make room for one more child.

If you have said this you aren't saying you don't care about orphans, you aren't saying you don't care about the hurt, lost and dieing. I KNOW that! I know that because of the love and support you have shown me, because of who I see you are when you don't think people are looking. I know that because I don't have a single friend who wouldn't go one extra mile for another person if asked to.. you would go willingly and then some.. you have already..often.

So today I'm not asking if you want to join the ranks of adopting parents, I'm thanking you for supporting those of who are already marching to that tune.

Thank-you for thinking we are better than we know we are, for supporting our choice even though it's not yours, for listening to the hurt and pain and not saying "Seeeee THIS is why I could never do this." By not speaking that thought you allow us to keep on sharing and being real about how hard this is! Thank-you for being excited about the small milestones with us. By sharing your joy at the moments of break through you allow us to live a little longer in the hope and joy that break through brings.. before we go back to anxiously awaiting the next one!

Thank-you for praying, and for wanting to throw a baby shower..even though we all know we could have thrown a dozen by now and still not have the child home :0)

Thank-you for reading the blog and checking in on me, even if I haven't written anything for a while because I'm not THAT amazing and I can't keep dwelling on the space that should be my sons and the hurt that is their absence.

Thank-you for saying the things that come in your head.. you are my friends, you ask the questions because you care.. YOU ARE AMAZING..cause honestly I don't know if I could do what YOU do! You listen month after month, you support, you rejoice, you pray, you stick in this journey with us, you wonder when there is no news, you love my children..all of them.. you walk this journey with us.. you put up with me!..there are days I can barely do that!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment