Saturday, November 19, 2011

1042

That's how many minutes are left before I should.. God willing.. be in Haiti holding the boys.

I've prepared myself.. I have been collecting $1 bills to pay porters.. there are a lot of them and it takes an average of four porters to get your bags 100 yards.. or so it seems. I truly belive I am ready for them this time..we will see.

I've got loads of diappers and other neccessar items, clothes and books and even a flat, portable foldup highchair! Much of this stuff will stay in Haiti..but some is coming back with me in the hopes it won't be long before I have to go to pick them up for good.

We have gigabytes of memory card, names of friends children and all the good intentions of getting as much footage and photos as we can of these dear children for the families back here and in France. It's never enough.. but it's just enough!

I had fun prinitng out an album to take of various families from NLL.. I am going to get it "put into Bookk" form once I get home and have these family photos to add. There are several of us "NLL family members" going to be Haiti this time. It will be so good to put faces to names I have seen in print and prayed for frequently!

But most of all I keep asking if my heart is ready. Am I ready to parent babies again, to re-connect in such a meaningful way only to have to say good bye one more time, am I ready to go..am I ready to come home? Of course I am ..by God's Grace.. I am not however..ready to go to sleep!!! So I'm off to repack one more time and then chilax for tomorrow!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment