Saturday, August 27, 2011

And here we are...

The end of one week and transitioning into a brand new one. It was disappointing not to hear news today but I have to remind myself that God answers prayers to His glory not MY timetable. Still, my human nature is straining towards the homecomings of so many children that it's hard not to "pull a faith muscle" once in a while :0)

I think having the earthquake in Virginia and then the hurricane pass so close to Haiti before battering the US coast brigs the reality of disaster close to home. Not having the boys here in my care is hard for this Momma! Not that they are not being taken excellent care of in Haiti..they are.. I have no complaints.. but I also have no control. And the giving up of control for my little bitties is very hard.

SOOOOOO..I've scrubbed rooms and been cyber shopping for new bedroom set and dining set for our family. It is time for us to upgrade to a table we will all be able to sit around and we need to replace our bed which we gave away in South Carolina. After three months we have finally homed in on.. a truck load of options..narrowed down from "to infinity and beyond" or so it seems. When we  pick a finalist I'll post the winner :0)

I've been introduced to the crazy world of Wipeout. A family member is part of the black and blue team that tests these stunts for the show. The entertainment is watching humanity trying to scale these seemingly imposable courses for the grand prize of $50,000 and yes..once again I start thinking how many adoptions that would allow. As there are days I have a hard time scaling the few toys left in the hallway I doubt my progress would be spectacular in this show..but in my head I like to think it would be :0)

So, ending the week hopeful that next week we will hear our adoption decree is in the hands of our lawyers, our passports are in progress and we can plan a trip to get the boys. Also hopeful we will hear the same for friends at the same stage as we are AND that we will hear that Lovely Roseline is out of IBESR.  Praying for safety and security for friends and family on the East Coast tonight and through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment