Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm enjoying having my 22 focus.. it seems to be WAY more overwhelming than simply bringing the boys home so I'm thinking that is a good thing. A lot like dropping something on your left foot to stop your right from hurting.

We are finally seeing the end of the 2010/2011 school year. With the move, trip to Haiti and other life events we found ourselves scrambling to finish by September. A gigantic effort by all has resulted in lessons flying off the pen and projects finishing completion... we are ALL looking forward to cracking open the new books and starting afresh. There will be a couple of repeat courses next year but a LOT of determined children ready to "get all the work done so it's not hanging over our heads next Summer!"

Miss C has become a great little kitchen helper!!! Here she is helping me make bread rolls for an event at our house....





We gave away three bags of left over rolls!!!

This Summer the base library had a reading program and we all signed up and began to log the number of pages we read. Thousands of pages were consumed and logged, the children have always loved to read and even I managed to set aside time for some lighter summer perusing. I am currently reading a book called "A Year in Provence" I'll let you know how I like it, so far I am really enjoying this insight into a British Couples foray into French life and culture.

We miss our friends from South Carolina every day and are being blessed with a great neighborhood and church here, life really is VERY good!

Love Wendy




No comments:

Post a Comment