Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Math of Adoption

Counting the cost of adoption goes way past the "How much will this take from our bank account?" question.I was reflecting this morning on how much time I spend in Adoption math, calculating the least and most time it could possibly take.. that exercise is about as accurate as asking "How long is a piece of string?"

You start to throw in algebraic reasoning; If the adoption decree is here by x date and the I 600 by y date and I multiple by the number of weeks in MOI what is the date I can expect my visa call?

You estimate, Julies adoption took 24 months, Dave and Laurie's 18 months and Jim and Sues 9 months therefore my adoption should take add months, divide by families, multiply by the odds of being sooner rather than later.. and yep.. I should have my boys home by the year 3010!

You multiply, the days you thought you could endure separation from your child by the days you are separated from your child to end with the product of.. more patience and the bye product or remainder of peace and hope or hurt and dismay.

You subtract, each day that goes by is one negative and will necessitate the addition of multiple positives to eradicate the negative once your child is home.

You increase by the power of one your sphere of friends with every new adoptive family you connect with. You rely wholly on THE ONE to bring the parallel lines of your separate lines together..that is imposable BTW but we know that all things are possible in Him!

Yes along with the many times we sit down and just count the emotional and mental, physical and spiritual cost of adoption we still come to the same sum..it adds up, it balances, it is worth it. But I was never any good at math at school and I wonder what my grade would be in this class now?


No comments:

Post a Comment