Monday, June 4, 2012

Today Miami..tomorrow Haiti..Saturday the Rest of our lives..

The bags are packed, the house cleaned, the meals for this week made and in the fridge and freezer.
The medical power of attorney is signed "just in case" my mother in law and sister in law have to use them. The prayers are said asking the Lord to watch over them so they won't have to use them!

I've packed my bag more times than I can count, the last time because I had forgotten to put in MY clothes :0)

The photo albums to leave with those left behind are all made and the conversation I think I'm going to have all practiced in Creole.

The list of children to take photos and video of is printed and put safely in my bag.

The... I could go on and on.. it seems that now we are down to the wire there are 101 things I didn't think of that need to be done.

But it is all going to fade away in 24 hours when I'm sitting on the swing holding my sons in my arms!!
They getting used to their new normal and me to mine. I have to learn how to not live in the intensity of the adoption journey... I have to learn how to rest in this green pasture,,, and I am ready.

Friends surrounded us today and showered us with baby clothes and books and more importantly with great love. I am so blessed to be right here, right now with people who are as excited about the end of the drama and the start of loving and life as we are!

In two and half hours I have to be up to start my day.. I can not sleep :0) It's like all my Christmas Eve's from childhood pasts have collided in one event and sleep seems beyond elusive.

I have wondered for so long now how this would feel.. and when I get to grips with how it feels I will be sure to let you know :0) Right now I am just too excited, nervous, tired to process it :0)

Love Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment