Thursday, April 26, 2012

Third Post

"The physical strain of waiting can be harder, some days, than the emotional strain."

I have been living this statement's truth the past few days. The hour by hour strain of expectation is taking it's toll. I am exhausted, find it hard to focus, have difficulty rising to simple tasks. The strain can be felt throughout my back and I've been having headaches. My allergies are off the chart and I almost feel like I have the flu.

I had to fill in a medical form the other day, I listed all these new symptoms and fully expected to be called on them. true to the full care I've come to expect.. not a single thing was mentioned. C'est la vie. Good job I have a sympathetic listening ear in Haiti. When I told him how I wanted to just throw a tantrum he laughingly told me not to be a crybaby .. I laughed SO HARD!!! I mean seriously where can I go around here to get some sympathy LOL

While I managed to laugh at myself yesterday, the effects of long term stress are not to be taken lightly. And when you sign up for an international adoption you are signing up for long term stress and lots of it!!

I'm hopeful that today I can start a new and try to build in stress busters in to my day.

I'll let you know how that goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment