Monday, April 23, 2012

First post: Preparations

Well another week has started and as of today we still have no Visa appointment date. A friend suggested I blog once a day until we get our Visa's.. GREAT IDEA!!!

We have been preparing for years for the arrival of our children from Haiti. I have bought more sets of clothes and then left them in Haiti than I care to think about. My babies have grown from infants to toddlers and I am praying they will still fit the 18 month and 2T  clothing I have for them when they get home!

Today the second crib arrived and I will be nagging.. I mean highly encouraging.... Steve to put it up before bed tonight.

I've been nesting the past few days, trying to do all my cleaning for the next six months ahead of time.. if only we could do that :0)

But I've mainly be preparing my heart and mind for parenting my new sons. Preparing my mind for the dream and the reality of actually having them home. Reading up on internationally adopted children and the challenge of teaching unconditional love and home to them.  Learning how to embrace their uniqueness and beauty and not be "color blind", learning about skin and hair issues as well as racial prejudices and how to handle intentional and unintentional rudeness.

The one thing I could not have prepared myself for though was how physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting this final wait is. I have friends who have been waiting for the "any day" email since December!! That is not typical but it is mind boggling!!!

My mind is fried. Simple tasks take a lot more concentration than they should, I am extremely forgetful and my multi tasking abilities have gone out of the window! My response to this is to reorganise, stream line and accept it as part of "adoption pregnancy". I am looking forward to just having sleep deprived fogginess :0)

So if this blog post makes sense then "yeah!!", if not then.. "See what I mean!!"

Until tomorrow.. or prayerfully not!!

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment