Sunday, December 4, 2011

A thought..



This is a view of Port Au Prince from high on one of the hillsides surrounding the town.
We head up to this over look every time we are in Haiti because the overlook also has artisits and vendors who will sell you their wares for whatever price you can finally get them to agree on. Too much you lose their respect..too little you lose respect for yourself!

It never ceases to amaze me when I look out over this view. When you are down in the twon you can see the effects of the earthquake..and they are devastating and continue to be a source of suffering for the people of Port Au Prince. But when I am up on the hill top looking down at the sea reaching to the flat sandy shores of the bay.. and then I look at the flat heavily populated area that is Port Au Prince.. I can only stop and thank God from the bottom of my heart that the earthquake that shock this country to it's core, didn't produce a tidal wave!

I've been several times up to this point, the thought never leaves, I always come away feeling thankful... and with at least one or two painted, metal lizards!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So, what do you think is a fair price on those lizards? I paid $5 and felt good with that, but I am a terrible bargainer!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've paid anywhere from $5 for one to $10 for three :0) I was proud of my $10 for three!

    ReplyDelete