Thursday, December 15, 2011

Making a Difference

This smile makes a difference, it warms my heart, brings me a joy I can not describe and this little boy has brought a dynamic energy to our lives that we can never put into words.


Haiti has made a difference! There are so many surprising things to discover in this land full of rich and powerful history. I'm glad I only had a chance to meet this spiky fellow in the mueseum though!

 We did get to come "face to face with a dead triantula.. who was HUGE!!" when I saw the size of this scorpion though I started to get a little freaked out about the size of the insects in Haiti! I pays to keep your eyes open! I'm glad I had a chance to see more than just the rubble this trip though, it confirmed again that every time I come I return blessed, eyes opened and different!
Beauty, beauty, beauty!!Haiti has intense contrasts.. looking at the landscape and realising what this terrain means for the people who live and work in this area changes my perspectives on what hard really means.  Look closely adn you see teh fields are litterally being farmed off the cliff!
This littlest son of mine was a little freaked out by the large number of folks who had just walked in, he squeezed on to my finger and turned back to me.. to get his safety back. That moment made a difference in our bonding, he has changed me forever. Love has a way of continually doing that.

And let me tell you! That french fry? It made a huge difference!.. to the state of my clothes.. he was sucking them of the grease and then wadding them down into the baby sling :0) Yep.. I smelt like a french fry for the rest of the day, and I wouldn't change a thing!

I am profoundly thankful for the difference that is being made in this adoption.. the difference is in me! Waiting, hopfully, prayerfully, longing for moment by moment continued changes to great me every morning in the eyes and antics, experiences and growth of my little sons.

Soon baby boys.. please God soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment