Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update on our adoption process...

I realise several folks pop by to see if there is any news.. and the answer is yes.. and no.. for those who have been with us in this journey all the way through that will come as no surprise :0)

Yes we have received several of the documents we desperately need to file the paper work here in the US. No not all of them had all the signatures they needed, and we haven't received ALL of the paper work yet.

The hardest part of last week was receiving Jesley's death certificate. I've had a hard, hard couple of weeks missing my littlest boys and grieving my sons death.

The best part of last week was receiving the final copy of our home study update and being able to send that in...again!

Meanwhile I will wait patiently for the amazing folks at NLL to gather the papers together and resend them and pray and rest in knowing that in God's time my little ones will be home to stay.

More good news.. there have been families from our on line support group who have been over to see their children recently.. that means PHOTOS!!! I'm learning to wait patiently for those as well. I KNOW how hard it is to readjust once you get back.. but at this stage just a glimpse is a gift!

The rains have hit Haiti.. tropical storms pounding the tent camps and causing mudslides in the hills. Also the cholera is back, this time teams are ready for it and are able to treat the victims. My heart hurts for a people and nation struggling to get back on their feet after so many natural and other disasters.

Blessing! Today at the BX I met a gentleman from Cap-Haitian!! I practiced my bad Creole on him. For a brief moment I felt closer to the boys.. a real blessing right here in Oklahoma!

Here is a summary of what we need for the next legal step: Green is done.. red we are waiting on..

a) I-600 (one for each child) We have filed this

b) AOF Petition (one for each child) and include the multi-page memo that goes with it We have filed this

c) Birth certificate of the children we need these

d) Consent to Adopt (one for each child) we still need these

e) Relinquishment of Parental Rights (one for each child) we have Peter's with a slight glitch on the translators signature section.. we need Wadley's


g) Copy of your I-171H : in process..again.. after updated home study

h) Cover letter written by you, explaining that you are opting into the Adjudicate Orphans First Program  Done

 Steve will be going in August. we are praying we can get all the above squared away before he goes.
Visiting in April I was made aware of how hard and tirelessly the folks at the office work to get these children home. We are so blessed to have a loving Cresche director who cares about our children and the folks who work with them and for them.

Please pray for Dr. Bernard's back as he needs surgery but can't see the way to having time to have it hapen.

And as always please pray for ALL our children to hear God's voice calling their names to Himself.

Love Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this update, friend! Praying often for your family, for your boys and that you will be home and together SOON!

    ReplyDelete