Saturday, June 25, 2011

The injuries we do and those we suffer are seldom weighed on the same scales. Aesop

I recently joined a group of my friends online to give and take some healthy competition as we all strive for the same goal. The goal of losing inchs and pounds from our "physical persons". I had been doing really well.. and then my scale broke! In the blink of an eye my newer, more accurate scale shone a bright light on my true weight. OW!! NOW the scales are still going down.. I can see the difference in my self but it was hard to see those numbers and not get despondent.

Then I thought.. "What if the scale had told me I was lighter than I thought?" What then?

These thoughts brought me one rabbit hop to another, as we females often do, and I was thinking again of Haiti. Each time the scale or pendulum has swung in our adoption journey it has a positive or negative effect. The positives are quick highs that encourage you to stay in the process. The lows can almost knock you out of the ball park.. but they are all part of the same journey.. the journey to the goal.

Hippity hoppity to my next thought.. the shortbread cookies in the cupboard.. and then a quick re-route back to the thoughts in hand.  It is my job to run the race as the coach has trained me to run. To keep my eyes on the finish line, the goal.. the well done good and faithful servant goal first, the healthy temple goal, the blessed children goal.... but always the eternal well done good and faithful servant goal.

So this week I might be 9 pounds up, several signatures short and a bad attitude away from my goals.. BUT tomorrow is a new day, a new morning. God's mercies are new every morning and hopefully the scales will shift again.

As Aesop said.. The injuries we do and those we suffer are seldom weighed in the same scales. I need to make sure I do not fall into self pity, stress, frustration when "injured" or down.. and I need to make sure that I am swift to make sure the weight I give others is light and easy and not too heavy!

This post has been brought to you by the random wanderings of a Britmom mind :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment