Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

I'm having a thankful day today


I'm thankful for our troops who work in all conditions to dutifully serve our country here and abroad.




I'm thankful for their families
who endure separation and pain while they serve

I'm thankful for our key spouses who keep our families connected with each other, the base resources and, who give their time over and over at all hours of day and night to support our families.

I'm thankful for my friends and neighbors who like to come and just hang out, drink a cuppa and put the world to rights.

I'm thankful for fabulous family who love us, support us, visit and spend time with us and bring joy and laughter and connections to our lives.

I'm thankful for my new adoptive family friends, men and women who have walked this path before us and encourage us to keep going, and those who are new to it as well. We go through the wait together and, God has blessed us with such a huge love for each others children, it is truly a blessing to be on this mountainous road with them.

I'm thankful for the wonder of the internet and for photos of my Haitian sons, the next best thing to holding them is seeing them being held.

I'm thankful for the other senior spouses here on base who support each other with words, wisdom and.. food!

I'm thankful for the Commanders spouses I have met. For their love and dedication to their families and for the hard job they do, often alone, as their spouses serve.

I'm thankful for my children who pick up the slack and have to show a great deal of love and maturity as we move, settle and serve where we are planted.

I'm thankful for each day.

I'm thankful that we have our basic needs and many of our wants met.

I'm thankful for a pastor who preaches the word faithfully every Sunday.

I'm thankful for the donations we have received from folks knowing we are heading to Haiti.

I'm thankful for the sun.

I'm thankful for the rain.

I'm thankful for allergy meds!

I'm thankful for programs that let me track our schooling progress easily.

I'm thankful for washing machines and dryers, ovens and crock pots and electricity!

I'm thankful for wool and the ability to spin and knit it, and the way it feels in my hands as I create a new item from the fibers.

I'm thankful for "the wounds of a faithful friend" folk who are willing to say what I need to hear and not what I want to listen to.

I'm thankful for a van large enough to take our family and friends to the circus and to ice cream.

I'm thankful for my new camera!

I'm thankful for the donations we received to buy a new sewing machine to take to Haiti with us.

I'm thankful for a God who knows how we are going to get it there.

I'm thankful for coffee :0)

I'm thankful for the chapel and the AFRC who make sure we have resources to help tough times become times of growth.

I'm thankful for friends who let me talk about Jesley and are OK with me crying, or laughing, or not really being able to express any emotion at all.

I'm thankful for real grief that hurts but stays right where it needs to.

I'm thankful for real joy that fills and bursts and overflows and brings healing.

I'm thankful for God's word and the spot it hits every time I read it.
I'm thankful for the color
green, it's soothing properties and it's lush promise of Spring and Summer

I'm thankful for Dr Bernard and his work with the widows, orphans, families and children in Haiti despite great pain and an exhausting schedule he is faithful.


I'm thankful for the opportunity and resources to travel.. I'm thankful our house sold.

I'm thankful for my sons and their humor and energy...really.. I am!

I'm thankful for my daughters and their diligence and companionship.

I'm thankful for my husband who works diligently to provide for his family and is so open to loving more children.

I'm thankful that it has been so easy to come up with nearly 40 things to be thankful for..what an over flow of abundant peace and joy God's grace provides.

I'm thankful for faith, hope,and love shown on the cross at Easter time for such a one as me.. I am indeed thankful!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for the circus, ice cream and songs around the campfire with nieces, nephews, brother and sister-in-law! What a fun time. Thanks so much! Love, C

    ReplyDelete