Monday, February 6, 2012

While in the holding pattern..

We are getting closer.. so much closer.. we are in the holding pattern waiting for air tower control to give us the thumbs up to approach the runway.
While circling the airport for hours is fun if you are ...ummmm.. if you are... nope, can't think of a single instance where circling the airport for hours might be fun! And it's not much fun waiting for those final landing directions either. You would think being near the end of the journey the traveling would be easier but it's just not. We are all fatigued from the journey, anxious to be on firm ground, back in routine, heading towards life instead of "traveling".

SO.. to keep my spirits up I've been shopping. I have avoided outfits, diapers and other purchases that show signs of imminent arrival. BUT I have landed on an item that says.. babies are coming home!!!
They have a two year expiration date, they can't be grown out of and they will always used for a LONG time!!

Yes.. BABY WIPES!!!!!! I'm allowing myself one box a week..or whenever I go past a baby aisle :0)

I've also started to seek out a funny quote or thought on facebook. My favourite so far has been..

"Sometimes I  think I worry too much! Wait, I probably shouldn't have said that. Wait.. should I have said that?"

And of course prayer has become much more intense for all our "travelers" whether they are in the airport waiting to board the adoption plane, in the air heading to the first destination, or seasoned round trip, multi destination globe trotters like ourselves.

Soon and very soon we will be heading to our final destination with permission to approach the runway and then the gates!

"Sometimes I think I worry too much! Wait, I probably shouldn't have said that. Wait.. should I have said that?"

Makes me laugh every time!

Wendy

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the baby wipe idea! I'm going to have to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever find the cribs/toddler beds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then, you will be at the FINAL step and EVEN then will have to wait for an email saying "YES, that would be just the right time to arrive in Haiti to bring your babies home!" And, even waiting for that email will make you wanna tear your hair out :-) (spoken as one who is thankful she has a lot of hair so the bald spots won't show as much!!!!)
    But then, you will be BUSY FURIOUSLY BOOKING YOUR FLIGHTS!!!!

    Soon, VERY Soon!

    ReplyDelete